Register with the DVLA if you are towing them internationally or in the EU.

Commercial trailers over 750kg must now be registered with the DVLA before towing them internationally or in the EU.

What trailers should be registered?

Commercial trailers over 750kg and all trailers over 3,500kg must be registered before towing them through most mainland European countries to comply with road traffic regulations.

This means that trailers making international and EU journeys must:

  • display their own registration plate (separate from the vehicle towing them)

  • have a trailer registration certificate that can be shown to a foreign authority on request

Registration is quick and easy. Use the link below to register your trailer with the DVLA.

Register your trailer online now.

Which countries require trailers to be registered?

Countries you need to register a trailer for

You do not need to register trailers that are only used in the UK and Ireland.

#Haulage #DVLA #Trailers #EU #InterationalHaulage #Hauliers

© Copyright Carlton and Jane Ltd TA NTP Services

139 High Road, Whaplode, Spalding, Lincolnshire, PE12 6TX. Company No. 10315367  

Privacy Policy I  Website Terms & Conditions | Careers | Clients | Online Training Courses | Testimonials | Contact | Press